What does Laminate Tools do?
Laminate Tools is
a powerful Windows application aimed at the professional composites designer. It
addresses the entire Design-Analysis-Check-Manufacture group process of
structural design, but focuses on the composite material features. It is a tool
that links the various disciplines, communicates original data between
departments, ensures proper understanding of the structure, offers in-depth
checks and saves valuable team time.
evaluating Anaglyph's Laminate Tools, we have now adopted this package as our
primary tool in the Stress based ply definition of our chassis laminate and
structurally critical composite components. This software has dramatically
reduced laminate analysis turnaround times whilst providing a more optimized FEA
process within the demanding timescales and allows for more detailed results
interrogation with ease. Together with Anaglyph's excellent customer support the
transition to Laminate Tools has been seamless, as well as being fully
compatible for bi-directional data exchange with our other established
composites design tools."
Steve Diamond, Deputy Head of Stress
Department, Lotus F1 Team.
"Laminate Tools was used for the design of the full composite ply layup, for the
creation of FEA property cards and for all post-processing for the Speedy Racing
Team Sebah Lola B08/80 LMP2 Coupe, a car that exceeded all expectations in early
races during 2008."
Paul Rennie, Senior Composites Engineer, Lola Cars International Ltd, UK
user-friendly interface of Laminate Tools has proved very useful in the creation
of complex laminates. Moreover, the ply book export is an extremely useful
feature for ply-by-ply check and lay-up visualization."
Luca Furbatto, McLaren Racing, UK
on a cost / performance basis Laminate Tools would be my recommendation.
My experience with the code has been quite satisfactory. Anaglyph has been
very responsive in being able to meet my specific needs in the past in a very
Dan Molligan, McAps Inc., USA
Users import surface models from almost any CAD
system and define composite materials, plies and layup using a state-of-the-art
graphical user interface. Ply producibility can be evaluated immediately using
proven draping simulation algorithms to identify potential manufacturing
difficulties, meaning fewer change orders downstream.
Data for finite element analysis purposes are
generated seamlessly, ensuring that analysis models reflect the design intent.
Results from the finite element analysis can be checked in detail using advanced
composites failure criteria, and weak areas identified rapidly.
Manufacturing data such as flat patterns are
produced to ensure efficient use of manufacturing data. Finally, Laminate Tools
can be used as an electronic ply book to communicate the complex structure of
composite components and structures to clients, subcontractors and the shop
- It is focused on laminated composites.
- It bridges the Design-Analysis-Manufacture domains.
- It supports industry standard file formats,
through the use of Simulayt's
proven Layup Technology.
- It offers powerful composites visualisation and becomes invaluable in
simply examining a design and pinpointing troublesome areas where composite
properties must be reviewed.
- It is easy to use.
- It offers an effective method to communicate information securely and up
to date, both within and across organisations.
- It can be used to view past designs for reference purposes, without the
need for the original software that was used for the creation, and without
running the risk of incurring accidental changes.
- Hierarchical tree view showing object
inter-relations (select a node to show relations elsewhere in tree)
- Interactive "select to interrogate" ability
across three views (tree view / 3D graphics / text information)
- Very easy interface for global Layup
definition and modifications, with multi-level undo/redo
- Log of Layup changes maintained on file, for
- Support for two sub-Layup levels, for easier handling
- Easy interrogation of local layup/laminate
information (text + graphics), plus global view (thickness/solid/offsets/ply
- Composites-related model information, such as
total material area and weight, or per ply
- Directional Stiffness contour plot for entire
- ANSYS support (shell model data, laminated
property creation and results
- Complete tabular element information in one
window (geometry, layup, laminate, FEA results layer by layer)
- Layer by layer graphical view of FEA results
for individual elements (including interlaminar results)
- User-defined failure criteria
- Interactive calculation of stresses, strains,
failure indices, reserve factors, margins of safety for instant estimation of
- Easy FEA results post-processing for a single
layer/loadcase/theory or for multiple layers/loadcases/theories together, or
sorted by global ply.
- Instant enveloping of FEA results
across multiple loadcases
- Summary of FEA results for all the
layers of the worst loaded elements
- Flat pattern export: exact size option, taking
layer thickness offset into account
- Flat pattern export: extend boundary by given
amount for later trimming
- Flat pattern window for interactive
adjustments, working in 2D and 3D views, and automatic generation/export of
strips for each flat pattern.
- Plybook export to HTML in multiple graphical
- Plybook export to Microsoft Word, with
user-customised page layout and content
- Plybook export laser projection data from
- Import/export STL interface for draping
- Excel interfaces
- File-open preview image for easy browsing
- Stand-alone Windows environment (32/64 bit)
- Floating (network) licence as standard
- Comprehensive tutorial on CD